Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Journey to 20 pullups

Currently, I am trying to do 20 pullups straight! The most I have ever done was 15 and that was maybe about a year ago. After taking a long time off due to work and other obligations most of my strength had disappeared. When I did make it back to the pullup bar, I could only do about 7. 10 is the average in my opinion that everyman should be able to do at will. With that being said, I set out to become better than ever. I found a program on the internet along time ago that promised to get your pullup max up to about 20 pullups. Even if you can only do 1 or 2, it is supposed to systematically build your strength to the point where you can pop out 20! Well, we all know that it takes hard work and there is no magic formula but 3 weeks into it I am definitely seeing progress. Here are my daily results so far: Week1 pu/cu Mon- 18/18 Wed- 19/19 Fri- 20/27 Week 2 Mon- 21/24 Wed- 21/33 Fri- 24/41 Week 3 Mon- 30/42 These are after 5 sets. The first side is pullups, the second is chinups. Not the greatest numbers yet but as you can see, steady progress. Every set is getting better. I will do a max-out at the end of the week to determine where I am in my quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment